Happy Friday Bloggers! I'm ending another full book week by joining with other bloggers to share bookish pictures, lists, and excitements. This weekly feature is hosted by Ginger over at GReads! It's a fun way to spend a bookish Friday. For all of the details, and to get involved/participate click [HERE] and join in.
what grabs your attention to make you want to read it?
This will be a pretty quick and easy list.
- COVERS: Hello, if the book is sporting a fugly cover I'm out. I hate that I judge books by their covers, but sorry... if a book makes me gag by the disaster on the front, I can't see myself enjoying what's inside.
- REVIEWS: If the average on Goodreads (or other places) is 3.5 or higher, I'll definitely take a second look. The last thing I want to do is read a terrible book, especially knowing everyone else thought it was terrible.
- Sometimes, I've read books that most people disliked and wound up loving them. I try to only let ratings slightly influence me.
- FRIENDS: Let's face it, most of my friends, or blogging friends, share the same book tastes as me. So, if someone is bragging about a book, and I know and trust their judgement, it makes me want to read the book.
- MOST of the books I've read since blogging are because they were recommended to me!
And that my friends is my list. What about books grabs your attention? Share with me in the comments!